Those British-made tanks were bought by Polish Army in 1931. Home production did not start, due to the development of 7TP tank. Type B version, with two-men crew operating in turret, was armed with 47mm Vickers QF gun and co-axial Browning wz. 30 7,92mm machine gun. It was the first ever tank with such solution (called duplex-mounting), allowing crew to choose between type of fire or even to use both weapons at the same time. 47mm gun offered respectable firepower, especially with HE ammunition.
The 12th Light Tank Company, being one of the two units supplied with Vickers tanks, fought the German forces since 12th September. Few vehicles were destroyed, but not without revenge. Few days later agressors have encircled Polish forces near Tomaszow Lubelski defenders decided to counterattack and tried to break free. After 2 days of fighting Polish soldiers were forced to lay down their arms – almost all vehicles were destroyed, leaving only one Vickers tank standing.